Saturday, September 12, 2009

ARCH1142- Fluid Thoughts to Actions (Week 2 HWK)

3 hour ink/watercolour drawing done at home involving at least one movement of space to express duration and movement.

Theme:
Series of 0bjects of interest

I decided to choose this goldfish and crystal ball sculpture as the focus for my drawing, as I was fascinated by the translucency of the object. Consequently, this gave me the opportunity to execute different watercolour strategies in my drawing, such as transparency and tonal wash. For the scales of the goldfish, I tried to use some stippling to create a varied effect.

Process:

1. Stretch watercolour paper
2. Outline objects in pencil
2. Block in lightly with ink
3. Detail objects with different shades of ink (mix ink with different amounts of water)
4. Move to different position (after 1.5 hours of drawing and painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment